This took a bit of sniffing round to get working this evening, and rather than forget if I wipe my phone, I’m going to share it. That way I’ll be able to find it and maybe you will find it useful with this and other related Nokia phones.
I bought an unlocked Nokia 5220 from Expansys USA ($160 + p/h/tax) and it’s a great little feature phone that is a great phone, small and thin, and a decent media player.
With T-mobile’s new plans, MMS is basically on for free so I thought I’d set it up. It wasn’t trivial, but I got it working in the end.
- In the phone main menu, choose Settings (4), Connectivity (9), Packet Data (2).
- Packet data conn. == “When needed”
- Select “Packet data settings”
- Alias t-zones, Packet Data Access Point wap.voicestream.com
- Options, “Add new”, “Multimedia Messaging”
- Account name: t-mobile MMS
- Server address = http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- Use preferred access point = no
- Access point settings - Select
- Proxy = enabled
- Proxy address = 188.8.131.52
- Proxy port = 8080
- Bearer settings – select
- Packet Data acc pt: wap.voicestream.com
- Network Type = IPv4
- Authentication Type = Normal
- username/pw empty – leave blank